- The Blood Orange Sweet Tea at Coffee Bean will change your life, I swear.
- This looks like a shelf at Trader Joe’s, but it’s the inside of my mom’s cupboard. After dog-sitting at my parents’ house last weekend, she sent me home with four jars of cookie butter and some leftover sangria from her wild night out with her friends. Best mom evs!
- This was my view for THREE HOURS on the drive home from SD Sunday night. Too bad all the nerds couldn’t beam themselves home from Comic Con!
- Eileen found a random garlic bulb in her tote bag when we went out for sushi! The weirdest thing I’ve ever found in my purse is an anvil—for a brief window in 2010, I used it for jewelry stamping (or when Wile E. Coyote would sneak up on me).
- I’m not sure what concerns me more—is it that my check engine light just turned on, or that my gas light has been on for the past three days???
- Apartment hunting in Manhattan Beach is the pits. This one place I looked at had an ocean view and was $300 cheaper than the studio I live in now. And when I stepped inside, I found out why: the entire apartment was literally 50 square feet! Multi-tasking is cool and everything, but I just can’t live in a place where I can wash my dishes, open the front door, and grab a beer from the fridge all while lying in bed.
It’s been a drinks for dinner kind of month.
Tuesday, December 4, 2012
- This is what happens when you try to balance your phone and enough El Pollo Loco to feed a small village in one hand! My iPhone is completely shattered, but luckily, my ultimate pollo bowl went unharmed.
- Being a maid of honor has its perks! Thanks to the newlyweds for my very own KitchenAid stand mixer! I knew putting it on my wish list five years in a row would pay off! Ha. Let’s get baked 😉
- It was the only straw I had in my apartment, and my sister used it to suck down some protein, naturally.
- Rocky likes to take food from his bowl and eat it behind the couch in shame. He’s such a Choa.
- Chel wore my bra on her face to prove that my boobs are as big as her head.
- Alexis’ first Thanksgiving! It’s never too early to introduce deep fried turkey legs into your life.
Sunday, September 16, 2012
The only thing I use my Google+ account for is to back up my 3,000+ iPhone photos, so that when I inevitably drop my phone outside my car window while driving and tweeting pics of my dog, I won’t lose important photos like these:
Clockwise from top left:
- If you want to know my secrets, a couple of outdated phone chargers can unlock all the mysteries.
- I found them like this on my desk when I came back from lunch. They didn’t expect me to be back so soon, obvi.
- Sometimes when you’re Asian (or when your name is Shirley May), you find rice stuck to your shoe hours after you’ve eaten.
- You can’t see it in this photo, but Jesse texted me a pic of his 22″ sausage.
- I took a picture of my Leg Magic machine so I could put it up for sale on Craigslist. It was taking up too much space in the house, and I needed to make room for my expanding waistline.
- Drinking on the job during my final days at work! My boss brought in a case of beer to drown everyone’s sorrows after they found out I was leaving.